Initiatives must ensure supporters that their support and participation will be well taken advantage of. There are several reasons for this:
• Financial resources for development are scarce, which has accentuated a climate of competition among The ability to demonstrate results and efficient resource management are the privileged criteria (which is known as the value for money approach).
• Corruption and politicization in development generate apathy and distrust and thus discourage funding and participation.
Development initiatives’ ability to secure funding and support is directly related to measures that:
• demonstrate a track record of success, compliance and effectiveness
• guarantee the transparency, behavior, and stability of resources and staff
• shows local appropriation.
• ensure the clear viability of their projects
• clarify the prudent and effective management of the budget and of the intervention in general.
Related strategies at: